Prep Time: 10 Min
Total Time: 43 Min
Makes: 24 servings
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 pkg. (10-1/2 oz.) miniature marshmallows (6 cups)
- 1 pkg. (13 oz.) Fruity Pebbles Cereal (about 8-1/2 cups)
- 1 can (16 oz.) ready-to-spread frosting
- 1/4 cup colored sprinkles (optional)
- Microwave butter in 4-qt. microwaveable bowl on HIGH 45 sec. or until melted. Add marshmallows; mix to coat. Microwave 1-1/2 min. or until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 45 sec. Add cereal; mix well.
- Press cereal mixture firmly into 24 lightly greased muffin pans to form "cupcakes," using about 1/3 cup cereal mixture for each cup. Cool; remove from pans.
- Spread with frosting just before serving. Decorate with sprinkles. Makes 2 dozen cupcakes.
Tips and Suggestions
TIP: For best results, spread "cupcakes" with frosting as you need them. Wrap unfrosted cupcakes securely; store in cool, dry place until ready to frost and serve.
Mini "Cupcakes": Prepare as directed, using lightly greased miniature muffin pans and pressing about 1/4 cup of the cereal mixture into each cup. Makes about 4 doz. or 24 servings, two mini cupcakes each.
Substitute: Prepare as directed, using Post Cocoa Pebbles Cereal.
Note: Microwave ovens vary. Cooking times are approximate.
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||8% DV|
|Vitamin C||0% DV|