Prep Time: 5 Min
Total Time: 30 Min
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 can (20 oz.) light cherry pie filling
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup Post Original Shredded Wheat Spoon Size Cereal, finely crushed
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Spread pie filling in ungreased 1-1/2 quart baking dish.
- Mix margarine, brown sugar, cereal, cinnamon and nutmeg until well blended; sprinkle evenly over pie filling.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until topping is browned and fruit is hot and bubbly.
Tips and Suggestions
Special Extra: For a tropical flair, add 1/4 cup coconut to topping mixture before sprinkling over pie filling.
Nutrition Bonus: Top cherries with crushed whole grain cereal for an easy dessert that can help you eat right.
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||15 % DV|
|Vitamin C||2 % DV|
|Calcium||4 % DV|
|Iron||6 % DV|