Prep Time: 10 Min
Total Time: 30 Min
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups Post Raisin Bran Cereal
- 1 medium apple, peeled, finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in large bowl; set aside. Beat egg, milk, applesauce and oil in small bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in cereal; let stand 5 min. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.) Stir in apples and walnuts.
- Spoon batter evenly into 12 greased or paper-lined medium muffin cups.
- Bake 20 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 5 min.
Tips and Suggestions
Variation: Prepare batter as directed, stirring in only 1/2 cup of the walnuts. Spoon into muffin cups as directed; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup walnuts. Bake as directed.
Make Ahead: Bake muffins as directed; cool completely. Wrap individually in plastic wrap, then place in freezer-style resealable plastic bag. Freeze up to 1 month. Thaw at room temperature before serving.
Make it Easy: Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the batter into the muffin cups.
Nutrition Bonus: In a hurry? These delicious muffins are a great grab 'n go choice in the morning. And as a bonus, they can help you eat right.
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||4 % DV|
|Calcium||10 % DV|
|Iron||15 % DV|