Prep Time: 20 Min
Total Time: 40 Min
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 2-1/4 cups Post Bran Flakes, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1/2 cup cinnamon-flavored applesauce
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine baking mix, 2 cups of the cereal, 1/4 cup of the brown sugar and 1/2 cup of the walnuts in large bowl. Add applesauce, milk and egg; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter evenly into paper-lined medium muffin pan, filling each cup 3/4 full. Combine remaining 1/4 cup cereal, 1/4 cup walnuts and 2 Tbsp. brown sugar. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 18 to 20 min. or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Serve warm or cooled.
Tips and Suggestions
AHA!: Serve these pretty, golden brown muffins in a colorful napkin-lined basket.
AHA!: Serve these delicious, not-too-sweet muffins for breakfast or brunch along with yogurt and juice.
Make Ahead: Prepare, bake and cool muffins as directed. Place in re-sealable freezer-weight plastic bag; freeze up to 2 months. To reheat, microwave frozen muffin on HIGH 30 to 45 seconds or until heated through.
Nutrition Bonus: A great addition to your breakfast, these muffins use applesauce and walnuts in place of added fat.
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||6 % DV|
|Calcium||4 % DV|
|Iron||15 % DV|