Zero In On Health
Eating for your health doesn’t have to be complicated. It’s about focusing on what’s good for you: simple, whole-grain goodness. Post Shredded Wheat contains zero sodium, 0g sugar and zero cholesterol per serving. Making 100% whole grain Post Shredded Wheat part of your regular diet, at breakfast or any other meal, is just one way to choose a healthier lifestyle. Get even more expert nutrition and health information by browsing the topics below.
Nutrition Information from Experts
- The USDA recommends making "half your grains whole" every day.
- Nutritionists recommend eating 3 or more servings (48g total) of whole-grain foods every day. A single serving of Post Shredded Wheat Big Biscuit has 47g of whole grains.
- The USDA 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommends eating 14g of fiber per 1,000 calories, or 25g fiber daily for women and 38g fiber daily for men.
- According to the FDA, diets rich in whole grain foods and other plant foods, and low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may help reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Article: "Whole Grains Shown to be Naturally Protective for Your Heart"
- Article: "Inflammation, The Second Half of the Cardiovascular Heart Disease Puzzle"
- Article: "Studies Show Eating Whole Grains Reduces Chronic Inflammation in Diabetics"
- Article: "Whole Grains — A Natural Way to Fight Diabetes"
- Article: "Antioxidants in Whole Grains May Boost Immunity and Slow Aging"