Prep Time: 10 Min
Total Time: 10 Min
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 pkg. (10-1/2 oz.) miniature marshmallows
- 1 pkg. (13 oz.) Cocoa or Fruity Pebbles Cereal (about 8-1/2 cups)
- Decorations, such as bite-size chocolate sandwich cookies, marshmallows, chewy fruit snack roll, decorating icing and assorted candies
- Microwave butter in 4-qt. microwaveable bowl on high 45 sec. or until melted. Add marshmallows; toss to coat. Microwave 1-1/2 min. or until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 45 sec. Stir in cereal.
- Shape cereal mixture into desired bug shapes using moistened or greased hands. Place on wax paper-lined tray; cool.
- Catepillar: Shape entire cereal mixture into 24 caterpillar sections. Add bite-size chocolate sandwich cookies for feet, and 1 large marshmallow, cut in half, and sprinkles for eyes. Cut fruit snack roll to resemble legs; attach to "bug" with icing. Decorate as desired.
- Dragonfly: Shape 1/3 cup cereal mixture into two pairs of wings. Use a worm-shaped chewy fruit snack for the body and frosting and sprinkles for eyes.
- Bee: Shape 1/3 cup of the cereal mixture into the bee's head and body. Attach bite-size peanut butter sandwich cookies for wings with icing. Add striped gum for bee's stripes. Use frosting and sprinkles for eyes and necklace. Makes 2 dozen bugs.
Tips and Suggestions
Note: Microwave ovens vary. Cooking times are approximate.
Note: This recipe is intended for use with adult supervision.
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||8% DV|
|Vitamin C||0% DV|